Can I place an investment from a Company or LLC?

Yes, but we can only facilitate investments from LLCs if they are considered disregarded entities. This means that if your LLC reports taxes on your personal tax filing, then we can facilitate an investment. Alternatively, if your LLC uses a TIN or EIN, then we unfortunately cannot facilitate an investment. This is due to a recent change in U.S. federal banking regulation. 

Investments committed by entities (like a Company or LLC) must also have a U.S. bank account, pay U.S. taxes, and qualify as accredited.

For an LLC that is a disregarded entity to qualify as accredited, you will need to upload accreditation evidence that shows that you are the sole member of the LLC and that you are accredited. See here for more information about accreditation.

Was this article helpful?

2 out of 2 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.